Last week I wanted to bake something quick, simple, a little bit sweet but not too much, and something I can grab for breakfast or lunch as a quick snack. After looking at some beautiful food pictures on Pinterest (you can follow me on this link), I decided to bake Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Who doesn’t like them? They are very soft and moist, sooo flavorful and will keep you full for a long time. I think everyone should have a basic recipe to make muffins.
One of the secrets on how to make muffins soft and moist; use a little bit of sour cream. That will protect them from drying out. Also, being unnecessary to mention, do not overbake them! For my muffins I bake them for 30 minutes, but I use deep muffin liners. If you are using smaller sizes liners, bake them for 20 minutes and then check with a toothpick if they are ready. If not, continue to bake and check on them every 2-3 minutes.
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 large or 3 medium mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners inside. Set it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift together all-purpose flower, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and put aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl whisk melted butter and granulated sugar, add mashed bananas and whisk it again until combined. Add eggs, sour cream and cinnamon, mix it again.
4. Add dry ingredients into the mixture and mix until combined. Then add the chocolate chips and mix it in.
5. Divide the batter between 12 muffin liners and bake them at 350°F for 20-30 minutes (see notes).
NOTE: As I mentioned before, I bake my muffins for 30 minutes, but I use deep muffin liners. If you are using regular size or smaller liners, bake them for 20 minutes and then check with a toothpick if they are ready. If not, continue to bake and check on them every 2-3 minutes.