I promised my boyfriend Jared to bake a chocolate dessert for a long time but always was changing my mind and baked something different. So finally, I had to keep my word and create some delicious treat for my man. At first, I was thinking about chocolate-coconut combination, but I totally forgot that I had amazing mint chocolate chips hidden in my pantry. Yes, that was the winner!
What could be better for a treat than chocolate cookies? Double Chocolate Cookies with Mint Chocolate Chip Drizzling! Sounds good, right? They have soft brownie texture, rich chocolate flavor and a touch of mint drizzling on top gives you that perfect finishing tang.
And yes, these cookies were all eaten by Jared just in under 48 hours!
There are 2 important notes here. First, it is important to refrigerate the dough at least for an hour. That will help the cookies to stay thinker while baking and will keep the right texture. Also, it is easier to roll the dough into balls.
Second, when you remove the cookies from the oven, they will be very soft and look under baked. Believe me that they are ready! Let them cool off on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then place them on a wire rack. They will have a perfect brownie texture inside and a bit crisp outside. I think it is always better to under bake cookies just a little bit to keep them moist, otherwise they will be very dry inside when they cool off.
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ounces of dark baking chocolate (melted)
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of mint chocolate chips
How to make Double Chocolate Cookies with Mint Chocolate Chip Drizzling:
1. In a medium size mixing bowl sift together unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, and put it aside.
2. In another large mixing bowl put softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using a mixer or a whisk, blend it all together until smooth. Add a large egg, whole milk and vanilla extract. Mix it again until it is all well incorporated and has smooth consistency.
3. Add melted baking chocolate and mix it again.
4. Add dry ingredients to the mixture in two steps and mix it well.
5. When the dough is ready, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or two.
6. After the dough is chilled, take it out from refrigerator and leave on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
7. Using an ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, roll the dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon size each.
8. Bake cookies for about 10-11 minutes. When you remove them from the oven, cool them off on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then remove to the wire rack.
9. Melt the mint chocolate chips and drizzle it over the cookies.