These Andes Mint Cookies are soft inside, crispy outside, and have a perfect balance between mint, chocolate and vanilla flavors. It is the perfect dessert idea to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
This year I am a little bit late with posting a St. Patrick’s Day recipe but better late than never. To celebrate this holiday, I made some incredibly delicious cookies with Andes Crème De Menthe Thins. They are quite similar to chocolate chip cookies but have more complex flavor. I am sure that chocolate/mint lovers will appreciate this recipe!
If you are a chocolate lover like me, check out my other chocolate desserts: Double Chocolate Cookies with Mint Chocolate Chip Drizzling, Julia Child’s Chocolate Mousse, and Chocolate Cupcakes with Homemade Salted Caramel and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting on top.
It is quite easy to make these Andes Mint Cookies and there is no need to refrigerate the dough. You literally need 10 minutes to mix all the ingredients and 10 minutes to bake! What can be easier than that?!)
When baking these cookies, I always like to slightly under bake them. It helps to keep the cookies moist after they are cooled off. To scoop the dough, I use my 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop. This makes all the cookies the same size, so they will be evenly baked. If you use the same scoop size, bake the cookies for 10 minutes. When they are done, they will feel very soft to touch. Take the cookies out and let them sit on the warm sheet for 5-7 minutes as they will finish baking. Then remove to the baking sheet to cool off completely. Your cookies will be perfectly soft inside and crispy outside.
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
Andes Mint Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon whole milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Andes Crème De Menthe Thins chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat unsalted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on a medium/high speed for a couple of minutes, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add an egg, whole milk and vanilla extract and mix it again until smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it on low speed for about a minute. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix it until well combined. Fold in chopped Andes Crème De Menthe Thins.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop or a regular tablespoon, shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet few inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350°F or until the edges are slightly golden brown. When the cookies are done, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack.