These Andes Mint Cookies are soft inside, crispy outside, and have a perfect balance between mint, chocolate and vanilla flavors. It is the perfect dessert idea to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Andes Crème De Menthe Thins, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat unsalted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on a medium/high speed for a couple of minutes, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add an egg, whole milk and vanilla extract and mix it again until smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it on low speed for about a minute. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix it until well combined. Fold in chopped Andes Crème De Menthe Thins.
- Using a 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop or a regular tablespoon, shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet few inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes at 350°F or until the edges are slightly golden brown. When the cookies are done, let them sit on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack.
Keywords: andes mint cookies