Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe has a scrumptious soft and buttery cake base, topped with aromatic sliced cinnamon apples. It is a great recipe for the holiday season which can be served as a dessert, or for breakfast.
- 2 medium apples, cored, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour creram
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease 8×8-inch baking pan and set aside.
- 2. In a medium mixing bowl mix together cored and sliced apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl sift all dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and set aside.
- 4. In another mixing bowl, using a spatula, cream together softened butter and granulated sugar until smooth consistency. Add eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and whisk. Add sour cream and milk and whisk it again.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- 6. Pour the batter in the baking pan and top it with sliced apples, covered with sugar and cinnamon, in three rows. Bake at 350°F for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: apple cinnamon coffee cake