This is the best healthy Breakfast Tacos recipe made with corn tortillas, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes! It is a perfect gluten-free breakfast idea that is super easy to make!
If you are tired of boring breakfasts and love tacos, you will appreciate this recipe! It is a great brunch/breakfast idea that you can make in 20 minutes and it will keep you full for a long time.
It will take you only 20 minutes to prep if you are baking the sweet potatoes that morning. I personally like to bake a big batch and keep them in the fridge as part of my meal prep. When I want to use them, I just put in the oven or microwave to reheat for a couple of minutes, and it’s ready to eat!
All you need is to put some classic breakfast ingredients on a taco, maybe add some hot sauce (if you like it spicy), and your fancy meal is done!
One of my favorite flavor combinations are avocado with sweet potatoes. There is something satisfying about this sweet and creamy combo that I often use in my meals.
How to make Breakfast Tacos
So, if you are making a new batch of sweet potatoes, you need to peel them and dice, about 1×1 inch cubes. Put them on a baking sheet, add olive oil and mix. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, while sweet potatoes are cooking, heat the corn tortillas over high heat on both sides. It takes about 30-40 seconds per side.
Using the same pan, cook the eggs over the medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the breakfast tacos, place them on a plate. Top with eggs, cheddar cheese, avocado, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and chopped parsley. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
What else can I add to the Breakfast Tacos?
In this recipe, I give you my basic favorite ingredients. But feel free to add other toppings that you like. Here are a couple of ideas to add:
- Black beans. They are a great classic filling for tacos!
- Red bell pepper. Perfect addition to any tacos.
- Jalapenos. Will add a great spicy kick.
- Guacamole. It will be a great alternative to use instead of regular avocados.
- Salsa. Will give you lots of additional flavors.
- Bacon. My favorite breakfast addition!
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
Breakfast Tacos (Gluten-Free)
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro or parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Put it on a baking sheet, add olive oil and mix. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Heat the corn tortillas over medium/high heat on both sides.
- Using the same pan, cook the eggs over the medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the breakfast tacos, place them on a plate. Top with eggs, cheddar cheese, avocado, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and chopped parsley. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.