This is the only recipe you will ever need for Carrot Cake with pineapple! It is very soft, moist, and has such a delicious flavor!
Ingredients for the Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced pineapples
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened) ((2 sticks))
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened) ((1 stick))
- 1 cup powdered sugar
How to make perfect Carrot Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, butter two 9-inch cake pans and coat with bread crumbs (you can also just spray it with nonstick spray) and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift all dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon) and set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk eggs and brown and granulated sugar until it is smooth. Add vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla extract, whisk it again until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add shredded carrots, diced pineapples and toasted diced pecans. Using a spatula, fold it into the mixture until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between two cake pans and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. When it is ready, let the cake rest in the cake pans for 10 minutes, and then remove the cake on a wire rack to cool off completely.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl put together softened unsalted butter and softened cream cheese. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the ingredients for a couple of minutes until it is perfectly smooth. Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Assemble the cake and refrigerate it overnight.
Keywords: Carrot Cake with Pineapple