Carrot Zucchini Muffins are the best moist homemade muffins that are packed with carrots, zucchini, and walnuts. This recipe is super easy to make from scratch and will be a great breakfast idea!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, applesauce, raw cane sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon). Then add it to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add grated carrots, zucchini, and walnuts and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin tins and bake at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Take the out of the oven and let them sit in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool off completely.
- After you grate zucchini, make sure you squeeze all the juices out to limit excess liquid.
- If you want to make gluten-free muffins, you can substitute all-purpose flour with oat flour. That also will give you more texture.
- For sugar-free muffins, you can substitute raw sugar with honey or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 3.6
- Sodium: 281.8
- Fat: 19.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.2
- Carbohydrates: 20.7
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 3.9
- Cholesterol: 51.2
Keywords: Carrot Zucchini Muffins