Soft and chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies are gluten-free and refined sugar-free! This is a great recipe for a healthy treat!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line up a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt) and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together wet ingredients (coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla extract) until well combined. Add dry ingredients and fold it in.
- Chop dark chocolate in smaller pieces and add to the dough. Fold in.
- Using 1 ½ tablespoon ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until the edges are light brown color and the top is slightly set. Don’t over bake the cookies, otherwise they will come out dry.
- When cookies are done, take them out of the oven and let them sit on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool off completely.
- Do not overbake! It is the same as baking regular cookies. Bake them until they get the light brown color on the edges and the top is slightly set. Then take them out of the oven and let them sit on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes. During this time, they will continue to set inside. This was you will get perfect crisp outside, while having soft and chewy texture inside.
- Xanthan Gum. When you make gluten-free cookies, xanthan gum is a crucial ingredient, don’t skip it! It will help bind gluten-free flour and make the dough stretchy.
- Parchment Paper. I like to use parchment paper or a baking mat to bake cookies. That will ensure that your cookies won’t stick to the baking sheet.
- When the cookies are baked, let them cool off completely. Then transfer them in an air-tight container. You can keep them at room temperature for up to a week or refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 12.1
- Sodium: 123.7
- Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.9
- Carbohydrates: 22.3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1.8
- Cholesterol: 0.6
Keywords: chocolate chunk cookies