This is the best recipe for a classic creamy Mac and Cheese! It’s super simple to make with two options: stovetop or baked.
- 16 oz gluten-free elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain after it’s cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease 9×9 baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add tapioca flour and whisk until well combined. Cook over medium heat for a minute, it should become think.
- Add milk and whisk again. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until the mixture starts to simmer. You need to whisk quite often not to have any lumps.
- When the mixture starts to simmer, take the sauce pan off the heat and add shredded cheese to the saucepan. Whisk well until the mixture is smooth consistency.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and mix. Then transfer to the pre-greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the top of the pasta gets golden/brown color.
1. To make this Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese, I used gluten-free pasta and tapioca starch. If you don’t follow the diet, feel free to use regular pasta and all-purpose flour instead of tapioca flour.
Keywords: Gluten Free Mac and Cheese