Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps made with ground chicken, water chestnuts, carrots, butter lettuce, and delicious Asian sauce is a great quick and easy recipe for a busy weeknight or even a party!
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1 bunch green onions, diced, to garnish
- Preheat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil. Then put ground chicken to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes or until it’s cooked through. Using a spatula, break the chicken into smaller pieces.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add sliced water chestnuts and carrots and cook for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl (low-sodium soy sauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, water, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes).
- Reserve ¼ cup of the sauce and pour the rest to the skillet with cooked chicken. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add cornstarch to the reserved sauce mixture and mix well until combined. Add the mixture to the skillet.
- Bring it to boil again and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Place butter lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Spoon the cooked chicken mixture on top of the lettuce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
You can refrigerate the cooked chicken mixture (without lettuce) for up to 3 days.
To warm it up, just place the cooked chicken mixture in a skillet and reheat it for about 5 minutes. Then you can scoop the chicken in lettuce leaves and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 lettuce wrap
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 318.7
- Fat: 6.1
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Carbohydrates: 13.4
- Fiber: 0.7
- Protein: 1.5
- Cholesterol: 1.2
Keywords: Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps