Healthy Triple Berry Crisp recipe baked in individual ramekins is a perfect treat for your friends and family. This easy to make, no-refined sugar, no-butter dessert will become your new favorite!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateGoodness #NutsAboutGrapeNuts #CollectiveBias
Continuing my series of nutritious recipes, I want to share my healthy version of everyone’s favorite summer treat, Triple Berry Crisp. It is a light, no refined sugar, no butter dessert, topped with delicious Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch.
My fiancé and I are the type of people that are always craving something sweet after dinner. Since we both are trying to get in better shape before our big wedding day, I like to transform our favorite treats and make them a little bit healthier.
Berry Crisp is one of those desserts that you can easily modify to reduce some calories.
For the base, my favorite berries are strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. They give a perfect balance of sweet and tart taste. Lemon zest and lemon juice help to enhance the flavors. Also, instead of adding regular refined or brown sugar, I like to substitute the dish with coconut palm sugar.
For the topping, my “go to” ingredient are Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch, because it already has everything we need for the delicious and nutritious crunchy topping; naturally flavored granola with vanilla, crunchy Grape-Nuts, sweet cranberries and a touch of puffed barley. All you need is to add a little bit of coconut oil to bring it together.
Here you can find savings for Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch.
How to make Healthy Triple Berry Crisp
I like to bake these Healthy Triple Berry Crisps in individual ramekins. Although, you can easily bake the dessert in an 8×8 baking pan and serve it in separate bowls after it is done.
For those who don’t worry much about calories, top your berry crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! This will be the best Triple berry Crisp you’ve ever tried!
When you make this Healthy Triple Berry Crisp, don’t forget to post it on Pinterest and hashtag #CerealAnytime
Healthy Triple Berry Crisp
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 4 ramekins on a baking sheet and put aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add diced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut palm sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well and put aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together Grape Nuts Trail Mix Crunch and coconut oil.
- Divide the berries mix between 4 ramekins, top them with the topping mix and bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool off a little bit before serving.
- As an option, you can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.