Instant Pot Turkey Chili is a healthy hearty meal made with ground turkey, beans, vegetables, and your favorite chili toppings. This is the best easy recipe for cozy family dinner or for a game day!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (I prefer fire roasted)
- 15 oz kidney beans
- 15 oz pinto beans
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Red onion
- Green onion
- Sliced jalapenos
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Set your Instant Pot on “SAUTE” function and add 3 tbsp olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add 1-pound ground turkey and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the meat in completely cooked through and you don’t see any pink color.
- Then scoop out the cooked turkey from the pot and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add 1 small chopped onion and cook for another 10 minutes or until the onion is translucent and softened. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and cook for another minute, constantly stirring.
- Add 1 chopped red pepper and 1 chopped jalapeno and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp chili powder and 1 tsp paprika and stir again.
- Press “CANCEL” button.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, 28 oz crushed tomatoes, 15 oz kidney beans, and 15 oz pinto beans. Also add the cooked turkey.
- Stir everything and cover the lid. Make sure that the venting knob is set to “SEAL”.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When done, do a quick pressure release.
- Press “SAUTE” button again and add 15 oz corn. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the corn warms up.
- Top with your favorite chili toppings and Instant Pot Turkey Chili is ready to serve!
SPICES. If you want the chili to be more aromatic, you can add a teaspoon of cumin. To make it spicier, add ½-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
BEANS. I like to use kidney beans and pinto beans in this recipe. If you don’t have them on hand, you can add black beans, cannellini beans, or any other beans.
MEAT. If you don’t like ground turkey or don’t have it on hand, you can easily substitute it with ground chicken. Ground Beef will also work for this recipe.
How long can you keep chili in the fridge? After the chili is cooled off, transfer it to a air tight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze chili? You can freeze chili in an air tight container or in a heavy-duty freezer bag. I prefer to freeze it in portion batches, so it will be easier to reheat later. When property stored, it can last for 4-6 months.
How to reheat frozen chili? First, we need to thaw frozen chili in refrigerator overnight. Then transfer the thawed chili in a sauce pan or a pot and reheat over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until it’s heated through.
Keywords: Instant Pot Turkey Chili