No Bake Lemon Curd Tartlets topped with Swiss Meringue are easy to make, no baking needed, and the luscious lemon curd has a wonderful refreshing tang.
Happy August 1st, everyone! I cannot believe how fast time flies, making a few quick stops for us to enjoy the moments. Life is all about happy moments and cherished memories that we create and share with our loved ones. Summer is a perfect time to create these moments, going outside to enjoy nature, warm weather, and the scrumptious fruits that come with the season.
Although it is still ninety degrees outside today, when August arrives, we slowly start to get ready for fall and the school season. The summer dessert recipes are slowly shifting to a fall holiday dessert recipes. Very soon your Pinterest page will be filled with pumpkin spice and chocolate marshmallow sweets.
If you like summer desserts, please check these recipes:
After posting so many summer desserts loaded with fresh fruits and berries, I am not ready to move forward to the fall recipes yet. However, as we approach the new season, I want to share one of my favorite recipes that reminds me of warm summer days but still can be prepared during colder days when the season of fruits and berries is over.
No Bake Lemon Curd Tartlets topped with Swiss Meringue are fairly easy to make, no baking needed, and the luscious lemon curd has a wonderfully refreshing tang. Previously, I posted another dessert with lemon curd that became very popular, Sugar Cookie Cups with Lemon Curd. I think that these tartlets will be a great alternative if you want a lemon dessert but don’t feel like baking.
At first glance, the recipe might seem a little bit complicated, though believe me, these four recipe steps are really only two steps. First, make No Bake Graham Crust and Lemon Curd and refrigerate them both. Second, make Swiss Meringue and assemble it all.
Also, despite the recipe says it makes only 3 tartlets, you easily can share one between two people as they are quite big in size.
No Bake Graham Crust is the easiest part. All you need is to grind the crackers, mix it with sugar and melted butter, divide the mixture between tartlet pans and press it in.
Lemon curd is another quite simple step that will take not more that 10-15 minutes to make. Just don’t forget to strain it through a fine-mesh sieve so the curd will be smooth and creamy.
Swiss Meringue recipe might be a little bit trickier to make, but if you follow the instructions, it will come out just right.
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
No Bake Lemon Curd Tartlets
Ingredients for No Bake Graham Crust:
- 2 cups crushed Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Lemon Curd:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into small pieces
Ingredients for Swiss Meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
How to make No Bake Graham Crust:
- Using a food processor, grind the graham crackers. Add granulated sugar, salt, and melted butter and mix it up until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 5-inch mini tart pans. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pans and up the sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
How to make Lemon Curd:
- In a medium saucepan, beat together eggs and granulated sugar, until smooth with a pale color. Add salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice and whisk it well.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and add chopped butter to the mixture. Constantly stirring, cook the mixture until butter is melted and the curd is thickened.
- Bring the curd to a gentle simmer, then take it from the stove and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Let the mixture cool off for about 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
How to make Swiss Meringue:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and granulated sugar.
- Place the bowl over a sauce pan with simmering water and continue to whisk until the mixture reaches the temperature of 140°F-150°F. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- When the mixture reaches the right temperature, take it off the heat, using a hand or stand mixer, beat the egg mixture until stiff peaks.
How to assemble No Bake Lemon Curd Tartlets:
- Divide and spread lemon curd evenly between three tartlets.
- Using a piping round tip, pipe the meringue out on top of the lemon curd. Toast the meringue topping with kitchen torch. Enjoy!