This is the best moist homemade Orange Pound Cake recipe that is easy to make from scratch in a Bundt Pan. This will be a perfect sweet treat for the holiday season!
Ingredients for Orange Pound Cake:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, to grease Bundt Pan
Ingredients for Orange Glaze:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
How to make Orange Pound Cake from scratch
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat softened butter for a few minutes. Then add granulated sugar and beat together on a high speed for 5-10 minutes, until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Lower the speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, letting it incorporate with butter mixture in between.
- Add vanilla extract, orange zest and juice and mix it again until well incorporated.
- Manually fold all-purpose flour into the mixture using a spatula. This way you won’t over mix the batter. Also, do it in two steps.
- The batter should be thick. Scoop it in a well-greased Bundt pan and bake it for about 70-80 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool off in the pan for about 3 minutes, then remove it to a wire rack to cool off completely.
- Let the cake cool off completely, about 2 hours.
How to make Orange Glaze
- Put powdered sugar a small mixing bowl.
- Gradually add orange juice (a tablespoon at a time) and stir the mixture. The amount of orange juice depends on how thick you want the glaze to be.
- Then add orange zest and mix again.
- Pour the orange glaze over the Orange Pound Cake.
NOTE 1: It’s really important to beat the butter and sugar very well so it becomes airy. The lighter the consistency, the lighter your cake will be and it will rise better.
NOTE 2: It is crucial to grease the baking pan really well, so none of the cake will stick to the sides while baking.
NOTE 3: It’s better to take the cake out of a Bundt Pan when it’s still warm, so it won’t stick.
Keywords: orange pound cake