Oven Baked Buffalo Wings is the best recipe for crispy chicken wings made with dry rub and delicious buffalo sauce! It’s a perfect appetizer for a crowd or on a game day!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix the seasoning ingredients in one bowl (1/2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp cayenne, ½ tsp oregano, ½ tsp thyme), and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry chicken wings and put them in a large mixing bowl. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil and mix. Then add the seasoning and toss well, so every piece is evenly covered.
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Bake the chicken at 400°F for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken wings reaches 170°F. Flip the wings halfway through.
- To make the Buffalo sauce, mix 1/3 cup hot sauce, 3 tbsp melted butter, and 1 tbsp honey together.
- When the chicken wings are fully cooked, put them in a large mixing bowl. Pour the Buffalo sauce over and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve with Ranch dressing and vegetables of your choice, like celery, carrots, peppers, etc.
NOTE 1: Make sure you cook the chicken through! The internal temperature should be at least 165-170˚F and the juices from the chicken are clear without any pink color.
Keywords: Baked Buffalo Wings