Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe is a perfect traditional meal for Thanksgiving. This perfectly cooked turkey, topped with butter and herbs, has a beautiful crispy skin and juicy meat.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 boneless skin on turkey breast, 4-5 pounds
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- In a small mixing bowl, put together softened unsalted butter, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and onion powder. Using a fork, mix it all together until the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- NOTE: For thyme and oregano, you can use either dried or fresh leaves. If you are using fresh leaves, just finely chop them before adding to the butter.
- Then when the turkey breast is defrosted, rinse and pat dry the meat.
- Rub salt evenly all over the turkey.
- Using the back of a spoon of fingers, carefully lift the skin from the turkey breast and spread 1/2 of the butter mixture inside. Use the rest of the butter/herb mixture and spread it on top of the skin, the sides, and the bottom of the meat.
- Place the turkey in a baking pan with skin side up.
- Place the baking pan with turkey on a lower rack of the oven and bake for about 90-100 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170-175˚F.
- NOTE: I like to rotate the pan and pour the pan juices over the turkey a few times while the turkey is cooking. That will help the meat to cook evenly and stay juicy.
Cooking Time. This is a tricky question because they are so many variables in roasting the meat (like oven temperature, how much the turkey weighs, how cold the turkey is, etc). For boneless skin-on turkey breast, 4-5 pounds, that is fully thawed, it takes between 1 ½ to 2 hours while baking at 325˚F. The most important is the internal temperature should reach 170-175˚F.
Cooking Temperature. I found that 325˚F works the best for this recipe. It allows the turkey to slow roast in the oven, while making the skin crispy and the meat tender and juicy.
Keeping Turkey Moist. I like to baste the turkey with pan juices 4-5 times while its cooking. It helps the meat to stay juicy.
Resting Time. After the turkey breast is cooked, take it out of the oven, place on a counter, loosely cover with foil and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. It will help the juices evenly distribute throughout the meat.
Keywords: Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe