Pigs in a Blanket is the best easy appetizer for a party. Made just with 2 main ingredients, puff pastry and hot dogs, it will be a great treat for a crowd!
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 6 hot dogs, cut in half
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out a thawed puff pastry sheet and cut it in 12 equal squares, using a knife or a pizza cutter.
- Place half of the sausage in each square diagonally and fold the puff pastry from the both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk an egg with half a tablespoon of water and brush it over the pastry.
- Sprinkle the top of the pastry with sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is golden/brown color.
- Serve warm with a side of ketchup or mustard.
- Serving Size: 1 pig in a blanket
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 1.9
- Sodium: 177.4
- Fat: 10.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22.3
- Fiber: 2.2
- Protein: 5.8
- Cholesterol: 15.5