Quinoa Salad with Avocado and Sweet Potato and zesty citrus vinaigrette is a great healthy summer recipe that can be served with grilled salmon or chicken.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced in halves
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Peel and dice a medium size sweet potato into 1×1 inch cubes, coat with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft and baked through.
- Rinse ½ cup of quinoa in a fine mesh sieve, then put it together with 1 cup of water into a saucepan and add some salt. Bring it to boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium/low, cover with the lid and cook for about 10-15 minutes until fully cooked and the water in absorbed.
- To make the salad, mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl: arugula, cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and pitted and diced avocado. Add Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Dressing and mix again until combined.
Tip for quinoa to water ratio: for one part quinoa use two parts water.
I like to use my Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Dressing for this salad, though you can use your favorite one.
- Serving Size: 1 person
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 3.2
- Sodium: 31.6
- Fat: 10.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.4
- Carbohydrates: 27.8
- Fiber: 7.3
- Protein: 5.6
Keywords: Quinoa Salad with Avocado