As the summer is finally here, I am constantly craving fresh fruits and berries. Everything around smells like delicious strawberries and cherries. During this season I am trying to incorporate seasonal ovaries in my meals, breakfast, lunch and certainly desserts.
I just made a luscious Strawberry Shortcake and wanted to share another my favorite summer dessert, Muffins with fresh Strawberries and White Chocolate Chips. Believe me, one batch will not be enough for you!
I have to make one note here, when you are baking, it is better to use a little bit under ripe strawberries. The reason is, while they are baking, they produce more juice and the muffins become too soggy. Under ripe strawberries still give you lots of flavor and keep nice flaky texture of your muffins.
Ingredients for Muffins:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
How to make Strawberry Muffins with White Chocolate Chips:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and line 12 piece muffin tin with muffin liners inside. Set it aside.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl whisk together melted butter and granulated sugar (you can use mixer or a whisk). Add eggs, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, whisking constantly in between.
4. Add dry ingredients into the mixture. Using a spatula, combine it together until smooth. Do not over mix.
5. Add white chocolate chips and diced strawberries to the mixture and fold it together.
6. Divide this batter between 12 muffin liners. Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When it is ready, take it out and set aside to cool off for about 10 minutes. Place the muffins on a wire rack. Enjoy!