Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash skillet made with sweet potatoes, kale, eggs, tomatoes, and avocado is a healthy savory breakfast idea that will keep you full for a long time! Plus, it’s gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes (or 1 large)
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3–4 eggs
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tomato, diced (or 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half)
- ½ avocado, diced
- Preheat a large skillet over a medium heat, add olive oil and diced sweet potatoes. Stir and cover with a lid. Cook until almost cooked, occasionally stirring.
- When sweet potatoes are done, add kale, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cover with the lid. Cook until the kale is almost cooked and soft.
- Lower the heat to medium/low.
- Create 3 pockets and crack eggs in each space. Season each egg with salt and pepper, and some red pepper flakes. Cover with the lid and let the eggs cook until the whites are set and yolk is runny.
- When done, top it with diced tomatoes and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
- When the sweet potatoes are cooking, keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, making sure it won’t burn.
- After the sweet potatoes and kale are cooked, taste it and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash