No Bake Very Berry Tiramisu Trifle dessert recipe is easy to make. All you need are lady fingers, mascarpone cheese, and berries.
Last week I posted my Very Berry Popsicles recipe, and today I’m going to make Very Berry Tiramisu Trifle. With all these berries in season I will have a lot of “very berry” recipes for perfect summer additions.
If you like summer desserts, please check these recipes:
Last month, my fiancée and I went to our favorite spot in Stone Harbor, NJ, “Jay’s on 3rd”. It is an amazing restaurant with delicious food and scrumptious desserts. After the main course, I ordered their new summer tiramisu, which reminded me of a mix of regular tiramisu and strawberry shortcake. As they explained to us, they dip lady fingers in strawberry compote reduction instead of using coffee and liqueur mixture, and use fresh strawberries in between the lady fingers and mascarpone cream layers.
What a great idea, I thought! Let me make a Very Berry Tiramisu Trifle. With this great new idea I cooked mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries) and used the compote reduction to dip the lady fingers. I layered lady fingers, cooked berries, and mascarpone cream in stemless wine glasses and the dessert was ready in just 30 minutes!
I think the best part of this summer dessert is the “very berry” compote. It has a rich flavor that can complement many other desserts, like a pound cake, a shortcake, or even just added to vanilla ice cream. I am pretty sure it will be featured on my blog in combination with some future dessert posts!
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
Very Berry Tiramisu Trifle
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 lady fingers
- In a medium saucepan add together berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries), lemon juice and zest, granulated sugar, and water. Bring it to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Let the compote cool off. Then strain the compote, separating the berries from the liquids in separate bowls.
- In a standing mixer, using a whisk attachment, whip cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, cream together mascarpone cheese and granulated sugar. Add whipped cream and fold it in.
- To assemble, prepare 3 stemless wine glasses or regular short glasses.
- Using a piping bag with a tipped nose, pipe a little bit of mascarpone/whipped cream on the bottom of the glasses.
- Cut lady fingers in halves and dip them in the berry reduction. Layer 2 halves on the bottom of each glass, spoon ⅓ of berry sauce and pipe out a layer of mascarpone cream. Repeat the layers 2 more times.
- Cover the glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with berries before serving. Enjoy!