Baked Chicken Cutlets
Crunchy golden Baked Chicken Cutlets have a crispy coating, while staying tender and juicy inside! This is a great healthy alternative to a classic fried chicken breast recipe that you can make in just under 40 minutes.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt, pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and brush or spray it with cooking oil, then set aside.
Prepare 3 separate dished. 1st with 1 cup all-purpose flour. 2nd with 2 whisked eggs. In a 3rd dish mix 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, and 1 tbsp lemon zest.
Cut the chicken breasts in halves lengthwise. Cover them with plastic wrap and pound with a meat tenderizer until they are even thickness and about ¼-inch thick. Season them with salt and pepper from both sides.
Dredge each cutlet in flour, then beaten eggs, and then breadcrumb mixture. Place on a pre-greased wire rack. Spray the tops of the cutlets with some cooking spray, that will help to keep the tops crispy and get golden in color.
Bake at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Seasoning. I like to season all the coating ingredient with salt and pepper. Your cutlets will taste much better when each layer is well seasoned.
- Baking. Make sure you grease the wire rack very well before placing the meat on it, so the cutlets crust doesn’t stick to it.
- Marinade. If you want to bring these cutlets to a whole new level, you can marinate them in buttermilk and spices.
- How to store. You can refrigerate them in an air-tight container or a zip-lock bag for about 3-5 days.
- How to reheat. I always prefer to reheat these chicken cutlets in the oven, so they stay crispy. Place them on a baking sheet with a wire rack and put in the oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes. If you decide to reheat them in a microwave, they will come out soggy.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 307mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 2mg