Bruschetta with Mozzarella
Bruschetta with fresh Mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, basil, and balsamic drizzle, served on a toasted baguette is perfect combination of classic Italian flavors. This will be a quick and easy appetizer that can be served for any occasion.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeds scooped out, diced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese diced
- fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 baguette sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Slice a baguette into ¾-inch slices.
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 tbsp butter and toast the bread until golden color on both sides. When done, just set aside to cool off.
Cut the tomatoes in halves, and using a spoon, scoop out the seeds with the liquid and discard. Then dice the tomatoes.
Dice mozzarella cheese, basil, and mix it together with chopped tomatoes.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil, pinch of salt and mix again.
Transfer the toasted bread to the serving plate and top with tomato/mozzarella/basil mixture.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes have lots of liquid inside. To make sure your filing is not watery, scoop out the inside flesh with seeds before dicing.
- Bread. I like to use fresh baguette that’s still soft inside with delicious outside crust.
- How to store. You can refrigerate the filling in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 497mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 658IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 2mg