Potato Salad with Bacon and Egg
This is not just another boring potato salad, but the best potato salad loaded with bacon, eggs, green onion, and delicious creamy dressing, made with mayo and sour cream! A touch of Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar gives a perfect sharpness to the whole dish. This easy recipe will be a hit for any barbecue or picnic season. Make sure to make a double batch as it disappears quickly!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 pounds red potatoes diced
- 4 eggs diced
- ¼ cup bacon (4-5 slices) chopped
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon milk (to loosen the dressing)
- salt, pepper to taste
- It’s better to refrigerate the salad at least for a couple of hours or even overnight. This way all the ingredients will absorb the dressing which enhances the flavor.
- When you make the salad dressing, always taste it before adding to the salad. Since we all have different tastes, you might want to adjust the ingredients.
- If you like a classic salad, feel free to add some celery, red onion, or pickles. Though, trust me, this salad doesn’t need it!
- I like to use red potatoes because of the color. They make this dish look more festive. Feel free to use any potatoes you have on hand: Yukon Gold or Russet. If you don’t like the skin, just peel it before cooking.
- Properly stored, this salad will stay fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I like to keep it in an air tight container.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg