Almond Spritz Cookies
Almond Spritz Cookies recipe made with a cookie press is a classic treat for Christmas. This soft and buttery dessert is super easy to make to celebrate the Holiday Season!
Servings: 40 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together softened butter and sugar very well, so it’s pale and fluffy, and increased in volume. That can take up to 5 minutes.
Then add an egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat again until smooth consistency.
Add dry ingredients (flour and salt) and mix again on low speed so not to overmix the dough. You want to keep the dough light and airy!
If you are using a cookie press, just follow the manufacture instructions to fill the dough. Then press the dough on a baking sheet (do not use parchment paper!)
Put the baking sheet with the pressed cookies to the refrigerator for 10 minutes. It will help them to keep the shape while baking.
Bake at 350°F for about 7-9 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are light golden color. Let them sit on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- You can store the cookies in an air-tight container for about 5 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator.
- If you want to freeze them, you can do that in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks. It’s not recommended to freeze the cookies if you are using icing on top.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 10mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg