Learn how to make the best ever simple Guacamole step by step! This dip recipe is so easy to prep for a party with just a few ingredients and serve it with chips or tortillas.
Servings: 5 people
- 3 avocados
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded, finely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime juice only
Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh into the bowl, and using a potato masher or a fork, mash them to your desired consistency.
Add ½ cup finely chopped red onion, 1 seeded and chopped jalapeno, 2 seeded and diced Roma tomatoes, ½ cup chopped cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, and lime juice.
Mix everything together and serve.
- Make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe without any bruises. If they have some brown spots, just scoop them off and use the rest of the avocado.
- Since the tomato flesh is often watery and too soft, I like to scoop it out before dicing.
- I find that using a potato masher makes the mashing process easier and faster. You also can use a regular fork or a pastry cutter.
- Use only FRESH lime juice! Bottled juice will not work in this recipe.
- I prefer to use red onion in this recipe. Although, you can easily substitute it with white onion.
- Classic guacamole is made with cilantro. But for those of you who doesn’t like the taste of cilantro, you can use flat parsley. It will slightly change the flavor, but will still taste good.
- If you cannot find jalapeno in the store, you can use a serrano pepper.
- As a variation, you can also add some minced garlic for additional flavor.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 521IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg