Chocolate Chip Blondies
These are the best soft and buttery blondies, loaded with chocolate chips. Made in one bowl, this easy dessert recipe will remind you of a mix of brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
Servings: 16 servings
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper, then set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add ¾ cup melted butter and 1 cup light brown sugar. Whisk very well until combined.
Add 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract and whisk again until smooth consistency.
Add 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, ¾ tsp baking powder, and ¼ tsp salt. Using a spatula, mix everything.
Then add ¾ cup chocolate chips and fold it in.
Transfer the batter to a pre-greased 8x8-inch baking pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the batter.
Bake at 350°F for about 20-22 minutes. When done, transfer to a wire rack and let cool off completely. Cut into 16 squares before serving.
- Don’t overmix the batter! Like in any baking recipe, overmixing results in tough and dense baking goods. That is why it’s important to mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined, so your blondies will be light and moist.
- Don’t overbake! If you overbake your blondies, they will be dry and tough. So always keep an eye on them while baking. The top should look just set and the edges have golden/brown color. When you take them out of the oven, they will continue to set on the kitchen counter.
- Add more flavor and texture. To make them taste even better, sometimes I like to add chopped walnuts and Crasins.
- Thickness. I prefer my blondies a bit thicker, so I bake them in 8x8-inch baking pan. If you like yours thin, you can use 9x13-inch baking pan. Although, you will need to adjust the baking time, since the layer will be thinner.
- How to store. You can store them in an air-tight container or a zip-lock bag at room temperature for about 1 week. I don’t like to store them in the refrigerator as they can get too hard.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 321IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg