Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
This is my favorite easy recipe for Cherry Tomato Bruschetta! Made with delicious sweet and tart mini tomatoes, fresh basil, crispy baguette, and tangy balsamic drizzle, it will be a great appetizer during the Summer season!
Servings: 22 bruschettas
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup basil leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 French baguette
- ¼ cup balsamic drizzle
In a mixing bowl, add 3 cups diced cherry tomatoes, ⅓ cup finely chopped basil leaves, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix everything and set aside.
Slice the baguette at a 45° angle about ⅔-inch think. Place the slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides with the remaining olive oil.
Broil for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until your get a golden/brown crust.
Top the baguette slices with tomato/basil mixture and balsamic drizzle. Serve and enjoy!
- I like to cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters. The smaller you dice them, the easier it will be to scoop them on top of the bread slices.
- Cut the baguette at a 45° angle, so the slices are a bit bigger. This way it will be easier to top them with filling and serve.
- Don’t over broil the bread. Otherwise, it can burn or dry out.
- Red Onion. If you want them to be a bit crunchy, you can add ¼ cup finely chopped red onion.
- Jalapeno. To spice it up, sometimes I like to add 1 finely chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers.
- Red Pepper Flakes. They will also add some heat to the dish.
- Tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are my favorite to use in bruschetta. They have a sweet and tart flavor combination and beautiful color to brighten up the dish. If you don’t have them on hand, you can also use Roma tomatoes. Although, if you use them, I like to scoop out the seeds as they sometimes can be too watery and create too much liquid.
- Garlic. If you are a big garlic fan, you can add 1 freshly minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
Serving: 1bruschetta | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg