Cinnamon Baked Apples
Bake these amazing Cinnamon Baked Apples slices until tender in coated caramelized sauce! This will be an easy dessert recipe to serve with a scoop of ice cream during the Fall and the holiday season!
Servings: 6 people
- 5-6 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Peel, core, slice 5-6 apples, and transfer them to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, ¼ cup light brown sugar, 1 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp cornstarch, and mix everything together.
Spread evenly and top with sliced 2 tbsp butter.
Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
When done, take it out of the oven and let sit on the counter for 10 minutes beofre serving.
- The baking time depends on how thin or thick you cut the apple slices. I personally prefer to cut them thinner to make sure they bake through and get soft.
- Make sure you stir them at least a couple of times while baking to mix all the sauce ingredients together. At first, when the butter is melted, it might look like the sauce is greasy and the fats are separating. After you bake it longer and stir a few times, everything will bind together and the sauce will caramelize.
- Depending on the season, I love adding some other fruit, berries, or nuts to the apples, like pears, fresh or dried cranberries, raisins, walnuts, or pecans.
You can store them in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, bake it at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 201IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg