Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
Juicy and tender Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs is a quick and easy recipe for busy night or a crowd.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
Wash and pat dry the chicken and put it in a gallon size zip-lock bag.
Add the seasoning and olive oil.
Close the bag, mix everything together, and marinate 1-24 hours.
Place the chicken on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake at 400˚F for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170-175˚
When done, brush BBQ sauce on top of the chicken.
Set the oven broil and broil for about 5 minutes or until the BBQ sauce is caramelized.
1. What type of chicken can I use in this recipe? In this recipe, I use boneless skinless chicken thighs. If you want, you also can use bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks. However, the cooking time will be different.
2. What is the baking time for other type of chicken?
3. How to know if chicken is cooked?
It’s very important to make sure that your chicken is completely cooked. Here are a few tips:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – bake for 20 minutes at 400˚F.
- Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Thighs – bake for 40-45 minutes at 400˚F.
- Chicken Drumsticks – bake for 50-60 minutes at 400˚F.
- The internal temperature of cooked chicken should be at least 165˚ Though, I prefer to cook mine till it’s 175˚F.
- The juices from the chicken should come out clear.
- If you have bones in the chicken, make sure that there is no meat with pinkish color on the bones.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 722mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 302IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg