Best Classic French Crepes Recipe
Learn how to make the best classic French Crepes from scratch! Super easy to prep in a blender, they will be perfectly thin with slightly crispy edges. This is a great breakfast recipe for a weekend morning!
Servings: 12 crepes
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Put all the ingredients in the blender (starting with wet ones and finishing with flour). Mix until the batter is smooth. If you have any flour stick to the sides, scrape them with a spatula and mix again.
Preheat a 10-inch skillet over low-medium heat and pour the batter into a mixing bowl.
Using a ¼ cup, pour the batter into the pre-heated pan, tilting and swirling the pan to form an even circle. Cook for about 30 seconds, until the edges are getting crispy and peeling off the pan. Then flip and cook for another 15-20 seconds.
Transfer the crepe to a plate and repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
- I always like to use a blender to mix the ingredients to ensure there are no lumps in the batter. If you don’t have it, you can just whisk all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Since the batter can be sticky, make sure you use a NON-STICK PAN. Also, there is no need to grease the pan.
- I like to use a ¼ measuring cup to ensure that all the crepes are the same size and thickness.
- Since the pan is warm and the batter cooks very quickly, you need to tilt and swirl the pan when pouring the batter. That will help you to make perfectly round crepes with even thickness.
- While you are making the crepes, you can cover the cooked ones with a piece of foil or a clean towel to keep them warm.
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 188IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg