Carrot Zucchini Muffins
Carrot Zucchini Muffins are the best moist homemade muffins that are packed with carrots, zucchini, and walnuts. This recipe is super easy to make from scratch and will be a great breakfast idea!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups carrots grated
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini grated
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, applesauce, raw cane sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon). Then add it to the wet ingredients and mix.
Add grated carrots, zucchini, and walnuts and mix until well combined.
Divide the mixture between 12 muffin tins and bake at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Take the out of the oven and let them sit in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool off completely.
- After you grate zucchini, make sure you squeeze all the juices out to limit excess liquid.
- If you want to make gluten-free muffins, you can substitute all-purpose flour with oat flour. That also will give you more texture.
- For sugar-free muffins, you can substitute raw sugar with honey or maple syrup.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.7g | Protein: 3.9g | Fat: 19.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Cholesterol: 51.2mg | Sodium: 281.8mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 3.6g