This post is created in collaboration with Beaujolais Wines. All opinions expressed are mine.
3 Ingredient Cranberry Bites is an easy appetizer for a party. Made with Puff Pastry, Brie Cheese, and Cranberry Sauce, this lovely starter will be perfect for the Holiday Season!
Holiday season is right around the corner and I am so happy to start celebrating! This means we will need lots of festive food and wine!
This year, I am so excited to collaborate with Beaujolais Wines, pairing one of their selections with a favorite appetizer.
Beaujolais is mostly famous for their red wines. These have beautiful aroma and flavors of small red fruits, berries, and fresh grapes. Their rosé wines are popular for their fresh redcurrant and raspberry fruit character.
But did you know that Beaujolais also has delicious white wines? Beaujolais Blanc is a white wine made in Beaujolais region, made from Chardonnay grapes. They are refreshing, with zesty notes of white peach and apricot with a touch of soft apple, which goes well with these Puff Pastry treats.
Puff Pastry Sheets.
It is remarkable how a thin layer of puff dough transforms into a flaky buttery pastry!
Working with frozen puff pastry sheets is very easy but there are a few things to remember.
- Make sure you defrost only the amount of pastry that you are going to use. If you need only one sheet of pasty, there is no need to defrost the whole box.
- The best way to defrost is in the fridge for a couple of hours. Though, if you don’t have enough time, just leave it on a countertop for about 30 min. Make sure you check it all the time so it won’t get too warm.
- If the dough is rolled, I like to carefully unroll it step by step, while the dough is defrosting. If you decide to open it right away, the dough will crack. So let it sit on a counter before you unroll.
- If the dough is folded, also make sure that it’s thawed before unfolding it. It’s the same principle as with the rolled dough.
- Always keep it cold! If the dough is thawed, you need to work with it quickly while it’s still cold. If you need to use a few sheets, work with one sheet at a time, while others are in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap, that will prevent the dough from drying out.
How to make 3 ingredient Cranberry Bites
So you already know that you need to work with the dough very quickly. Now, we can start making the delicious Cranberry Bites.
When the dough is almost defrosted, preheat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold or unroll the dough, and using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut a puff pastry sheet into 12 equal squares. They should be about 3×3 inches.
Take one square, slightly fold, and put it inside one of the mini cupcake tins. Try to fit it in, slightly pressing on the bottom, while the edges still stay outside.
Cube the brie cheese and place one piece in each pastry square.
Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, until the pastry is done and the edges are golden/brown color.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool off for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and add ½ teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of each pastry.
Top with thyme and serve while warm.
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
3 Ingredient Cranberry Bites
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- ½ pound brie cheese
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut a puff pastry sheet in 12 equal squares (about 3x3 inches).
- Press the pastry squares into a mini muffin tins, creating a space inside.
- Cube the brie cheese and place one piece in each pastry square.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, until the pastry is done and the edges are golden/brown color.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool off for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and add ½ teaspoon of cranberry sauce on top of each pastry.
- Top with a thyme and serve while warm.
Leave a Reply