Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are super moist and easy to make from scratch. This will be a great Easter dessert to treat your family!
If you’ve followed my blog for a while now, you probably know that among all the desserts I make, cupcakes are my favorite. They are so easy to make, bite-sized for great portion control, and you can create any flavors you want.
Did you already try my most popular recipe for Kahlua Cupcakes?
Or if you are a fan of chocolate chips, you will appreciate my Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
However, among all the cupcakes, my favorite ones are these Carrot Cake Cupcakes. They are packed with shredded carrots and chopped pecans that give additional flavor and great texture to the dessert. Plus, rich and velvety Cream Cheese Frosting brings these cupcakes to a whole new level!
How to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes
One of the most important things in baking these cupcakes is to use fresh carrots. You want them to be juicy and savory. I like to use a regular grater to finely grate the carrots.
For the pecans, just finely chop them with a knife. You don’t want the nuts to be too big, otherwise they will sink to the bottom while baking.
To start, mix all the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, all spice, and cinnamon) is a mixing bowl and set it aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, granulated and brown sugar. Add eggs, apple sauce, and vanilla extract and whisk again.
Add dry ingredients to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Then fold in shredded carrots and chopped pecans.
Divide the mixture between 12 cupcakes liners and bake for about 20-22 minutes at 350°F, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
When the cupcakes cool off, top them with a Cream Cheese Frosting. I like to use a Wilton 1A round decorating tip for a classic look. To finish, you can sprinkle some chopped pecans on top.
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, all spice, and cinnamon) together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown and granulates sugar until well combined, add eggs, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract and whisk it again until smooth consistency.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and fold it in till well combined.
- Add shredded carrots and chopped pecans and fold it in.
- Divide the batter between 12 cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F. When they are ready, take them out of the oven and set aside to cool off for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
How to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and cream cheese together on a medium/high speed until softened.
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.