Easy Cheesy Baked Ziti recipe is the quick and simple 30 minutes dinner idea made in one skillet. Creamy pasta with blush sauce topped with melted cheese is a perfect comfort meal.
If you have a busy week and don’t want to spend hours making dinner, I have a super easy 30 minutes meal for you! Everything is done in one pan!
This is one skillet meatless baked ziti pasta, made with blush sauce and topped with lots of cheese. A perfect comfort meal for lazy weeknights!
Baked Ziti Ingredients
This is a very simple ingredients list:
- Crushed tomatoes
- Ziti pasta
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
How to make Easy Cheesy Baked Ziti
You will need a large and deep pan or a skillet that is oven safe.
NOTE: If you don’t have an oven safe skillet, you just will need to transfer the pasta to a baking pan before putting it in the oven. This way you’ll end up having Baked Ziti Casserole.
Preheat you pan on a medium/high heat and add crushed tomatoes. Give it a stir and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Then, add water, pasta, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir, cover with the lid, and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: It is very important to stir the pasta every few minutes, so it won’t stick together or to the bottom of the pan.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
When pasta is cooked, turn off the stove. Add heavy cream and grated parmesan cheese and stir.
Then evenly sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the pasta. I like to buy a pizza blend, which has a mix of mozzarella, provolone and asiago cheeses. It will make you pasta taste like pizza!
Bake the ziti for 10 minutes at 450°F until the cheese is melted and browned.
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
Gluten-Free Baked Ziti
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces ziti
- Salt pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat a large skillet on a medium/high heat and add crushed tomatoes. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water, ziti, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and mix. Cover with a lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes, so pasta won’t stick together.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- When the pasta is cooked, turn off the stove, add heavy cream and grated parmesan and mix. Add more salt if needed. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
- Bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned.