Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups is a healthy one bowl breakfast idea that you can meal prep for the whole week! It’s gluten-free, plus you have a vegan option!
If you want an easy nutritious breakfast recipe, check out these amazing Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups! You can meal prep them ahead of the time and grab and go in the morning.
Ingredients for Baked Oatmeal Cups
There are 4 main ingredients from this recipe:
- Old-Fashioned Oats. Make sure you use old-fashioned oats and not quick oats. So, they won’t overcook and will keep the texture.
- Milk. You can use milk of your choice: plant based or dairy. It will keep the oats moist.
- Eggs. Eggs are a great binder for baking. For vegan option, use Flex Eggs (see notes at the bottom).
- Maple Syrup. A great natural sweetener. You also can use honey or agave syrup.
Also, there are optional ingredients:
- Vanilla Extract. Will add more aroma to the oatmeal cups.
- Salt. To balance the sweetness.
- Cinnamon. Will give a perfect touch to any baking goods.
How to make Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the baking pan with melted butter or coconut oil and set aside (Photos 13-14).
In a large mixing bowl, whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract (Photos 1-6).
Add old-fashioned oats, salt, and cinnamon, and fold it in (Photos 7-10).
Add blueberries and fold (Photos 11-12).
Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes (Photos 15-16).
When done, let them sit in the baking pan for 5 minutes before serving.
How to store baked oatmeal cups
Refrigerate. Place oatmeal cups in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Freeze. Individually cover each oatmeal cup with foil and place in a container. They will keep fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat Baked Oatmeal Cups
To reheat oatmeal cups, you can simply reheat them in a microwave or bake in the oven for about 5 minutes.
How to make Vegan Oatmeal Cups
If you want to make these Oatmeal Cups vegan, you can just make a FLAX EGG instead of using a regular egg.
1 EGG = 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 ½ tbsp water
Just mix them together and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
Also, make sure you use a plant-based milk and grease the muffin pan with coconut oil.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Breakfast Tacos
- Healthy Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
- Best Buttermilk Pancakes
- French Crepes Recipe
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 cup milk plant based or dairy
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the baking pan with melted butter or coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add old-fashioned oats, salt, and cinnamon, and fold it in.
- Add blueberries and fold.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- When done, let them sit in the baking pan for 5 minutes before serving.