Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is a healthy comforting meal that is packed with vegetables. You can make this homemade hearty soup in a pressure cooker in just under 30 minutes!
When it’s cold outside and you are craving a filling comforting meal, you should make this amazing Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. It’s an absolutely delicious hearty recipe that is loaded with different vegetables, like beans, zucchini, green beans, and many more. Plus, you can make it in your pressure cooker in just under 30 minutes!
This is a list of the veggies I like to use in Instant Pot Minestrone Soup. But feel free to add any vegetable or beans you like or have in the house.
- Yellow onion
- Kidney beans
- Cannellini beans
- Green beans
If you want a vegan or low-carb version, you can skip the pasta and add chickpeas instead.
How to make Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Set the Instant Pot on “SAUTE” and add olive oil.
When the oil is hot, add diced onions and celery. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until they are translucent and softened.
Add minced garlic and cook for another minute, then press the “CANCEL” button.
Add diced tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, bay leaves, vegetable broth, water, shell pasta, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Stir and close the lid. Make sure that the venting knob is set to “SEAL”.
Cook for 5 minutes on “HIGH” pressure, then do a quick pressure release.
After the pressure is released, open the lid and stir the soup.
Press again the “SAUTE” button and bring the soup to boil. Add chopped kale and green beans. Stir and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Taste the soup and add more salt if needed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How long does minestrone soup last in the fridge?
After you cook the soup and cool it off, you can put it in an air tight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze Minestrone Soup?
Yes! But here is the thing. If you know you will freeze the soup, don’t add pasta to it, it won’t hold up in the freezer. Instead, cook the pasta separately and add it to the soup when you decide to reheat it later.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Instant Pot Barley Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Boneless Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Penne Alfredo
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shell pasta
- 15 oz kidney beans 1 can
- 15 oz cannellini beans 1 can
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 2 cup green beans chopped
- Set the Instant Pot on “SAUTE” and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add 1 small diced onion and 1 stalk chopped celery. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until they are translucent and softened.
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook for another minute, then press the “CANCEL” button.
- Add 28 oz diced tomatoes, 1 chopped carrot, 1 diced zucchini, 2 bay leaves, 4 cups vegetable broth, 2 cups water, 1 cup shell pasta, 15 oz kidney beans, and 15 oz cannellini beans. Stir and close the lid. Make sure that the venting knob is set to “SEAL”.
- Cook for 5 minutes on “HIGH” pressure, then do a quick pressure release.
- After the pressure is released, open the lid and stir the soup.
- Press again the “SAUTE” button and bring the soup to boil. Add 3 cups chopped kale and 2 cups chopped green beans. Stir and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Taste the soup and add more salt if needed.