This 5-ingredient healthy and nutritious Farro Salad is perfect for a Summer party or a BBQ cookout! You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate for a couple of days!
I love simple and healthy salads during the summer. I want them to be refreshing, nutritious, and filling, like this Farro Salad. It’s super easy to prep and you can refrigerate it for a couple of days.
Like some of my other Potato Salad with Bacon and Egg, BLT Pasta Salad, Roasted Beet Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, and Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad, it will be great for a Summer cookout or a picnic.
Why you will love the recipe
Made with 5 simple ingredients, this will become a new favorite even among picky eaters!
This recipe is not only easy to make, but also full of distinct flavors and textures. It has hearty grain, crunchy and refreshing cucumbers, sweet cherry tomatoes, and creamy and salty feta cheese.
How to make it
1. Cook Farro.
To start, we need to cook the farro. Put rinsed grain with 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. When it starts simmering, reduce the heat to medium/low, cover the pot with a lid, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the grain is cooked. If you have any excess liquid left, just drain it.
Let it cool off completely before putting it all together (Photos 1-4).
2. Mix the Ingredients.
When ready, add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (cooked farro, arugula, diced cucumbers, diced cherry tomatoes, fetta cheese) and mix (Photos 5-9).
You can serve it immediately or refrigerate before serving.
Tips for best results
Farro. Always cool off any grains or pasta before adding them to other ingredients. This will help to keep all the vegetable and greens fresh.
Cucumbers. I like to use small European cucumbers as they have more flavor and are less watery.
Vegan Option. To make it dairy-free/vegan, just skip feta cheese or use a vegan option.
Can I make it in advance?
Yes. Put it in an air tight container and it will keep fresh in the fridge for two days.
What to serve it with?
Like my Oven Roasted Butternut Squash and Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan, it will be a perfect side dish. I like to serve it with One Pot Chicken and Rice, Oven Baked Meatballs, Oven Bake BBQ Chicken Thighs, and many others.
Want more salad ideas?
- Orzo Salad Recipe
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Olivie Salad
- Potato Salad with Bacon and Egg
- Roasted Beet Salad
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
Farro Salad Recipe
- 1 cup farro
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 small cucumbers diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette
- Put 1 cup of rinsed farro with 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. When it starts simmering, reduce the heat to medium/low, cover the pot with a lid, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the grain is cooked. If you have any excess liquid left, just drain it.
- Let the farro cool off completely before prepping the salad.
- When ready, add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (cooked farro, arugula, diced cucumbers, diced cherry tomatoes, feta cheese) and mix.
- You can serve it immediately or refrigerate before serving.