Learn how to cook white rice in Instant Pot! You will have perfectly cooked fluffy rice every single time!
Once you learn how to cook grains in an Instant Pot, you will never make them any other way!
I’ve been cooking white rice on the stove top my whole life. It works but you really need to pay attention: heat level, water to rice ratio, spilling liquid; so many things to worry about.
When I made my rice in an Instant Pot for the first time, I couldn’t believe how easy it was!
All you need to do is put rinsed rice, water, and salt in a pot, close the lid, and in about total 20 minutes your perfectly cooked fluffy rice is ready! Meanwhile, you have more time to focus of other meal prep.
Here are a few things to know for cooking perfect rice every single time:
Always rinse the rice!
If you want perfectly fluffy rice, then you MUST rinse the rice. This step removes starch from the grain, which makes it less sticky.
Water to Rice Ratio.
The simple rule to cook the rice is 1:1 ratio.
1 cup White Rice + 1 cup Water = perfect cooked Rice
If you decided to double or triple the recipe, just multiply it to this ratio. That means that for a double portion, use 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of water.
I found out that 3 minutes cooking time on manual high pressure, followed by 10 minutes of natural pressure release gives the best results.
How to Cook White Rice in an Instant Pot
Rinse the white rice thoroughly under cold water and put in the Instant Pot.
Add water and salt and stir.
Close the lid and make sure that the venting knob is set to “SEAL”.
Cook for 3 minutes on manual high pressure. When done, let it naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
Then turn the knob and release the rest of the pressure. Open the lid and using a fork, fluff the rice.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Did you make this recipe?!? I’d love to know how it turned out! leave a comment and a rating below👇 thank you!
How to Cook White Rice in Instant Pot
- 1 cup white rice (basmati or jasmine)
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Rinse the white rice thoroughly under cold water and put in the Instant Pot.
- Add water and salt and stir.
- Close the lid and make sure that the venting knob is set to “SEAL”.
- Cook for 3 minutes on manual high pressure. When done, let it naturally release pressure for 10 minutes.
- Then turn the knob and release the rest of the pressure. Open the lid and using a fork, fluff the rice.
- Serve immediately.